Dr. Lynette Mayfield
Dr. Lynette Mayfield founded ProActive Chiropractic, P.C. in 2001. She has enjoyed taking care of patients through chiropractic care and helping them achieve their health goals since ProActive’s doors opened on February 4, 2002. Dr. Mayfield specializes in Activator Methods adjusting technique and earned her Advanced Proficiency rating. Dr. Mayfield was a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic in April 2001. She received numerous awards related to her clinical studies and clinical practice while attending Logan College. While at Logan, she was selected as one of a few interns to staff the Rainbow Clinic in Union, MO, as well as the Barnes Jewish Hospital Musculoskeletal Pain Clinic of the Outpatient Obstetrical Department in St. Louis. Dr. Mayfield has been board certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and Missouri State Chiropractic Examiners.
A native of St. Louis, Dr. Mayfield graduated from Oakville Senior High School. She ran the 300 m hurdles and various relays for the track team. Dr. Mayfield received her Bachelor of Science in Biology, Summa Cum Laude, from Truman State University in Kirksville, MO.
Dr. Mayfield married her high school sweetheart, Jason, in 1999. They have been blessed with two wonderful daughters. They enjoy “family game nights”, snow skiing, and hanging out outdoors. She loves to read and enjoys trying new cooking recipes.
• Doctor of Chiropractic, Summa Cum Laude — April 2001, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO
• Bachelor of Science in Human Biology — April 1999, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO
• Bachelor of Science in Biology, Summa Cum Laude — December 1997, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
Associations and Awards
• American Chiropractic Association
• Missouri State Chiropractor’s Association
• Arnold Rotary Club, Past President, 2009-2010
• Arnold Chamber of Commerce
• Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
• Arnold Chamber of Commerce Bill Williams Award, Business Person of the Year, 2004
• Windsor C-1 School District Business Partnership Recognition Award
Dr. Heather Seaver
Dr. Heather Seaver was born and raised in Endicott, NY. She grew up being very active in many sports, tennis, softball, and basketball to name a few. But basketball took her to a new level where she continued to play at the collegiate level for the State University of New York at Geneseo, where she received her Bachelor’s of Science degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology. After graduation, she spent 5 years working with K-5th graders on speech and language. During that time, running became a big part of her life, but she began suffering from back pain that limited her motion. With the help of chiropractic, she was able to pursue her passion for running and fitness. Realizing the affect chiropractic had on her own life, she decided to attend Logan College of Chiropractic in Chesterfield, MO. Dr. Seaver graduated from Logan in 2004 with her Doctorate of Chiropractic degree. After graduation, she practiced in Saint Louis, MO, and completed course work for her ACE personal trainer certification and to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner. Dr. Seaver has since been a part of the ProActive Chiropractic family since the end of 2008. During this time she has worked with many athletes in and out of the office on rehabilitation, core strengthening, personal training, and athletic training for DeSoto high school.
• Doctor of Chiropractic — 2004, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield MO
• Bachelor of Science, Human Biology — 2004, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield MO
• Bachelor of Science, Speech Pathology and Audiology — 1996, State University of New York Geneseo, Geneseo, NY
Certifications and Memberships:
• Licensed Chiropractor state of Missouri
• National Board of Chiropractic Examiners – Part I, II, III, IV and Physical Therapy
• Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
• ACE certified personal trainer
• American Chiropractic Association
Dr. Michelle Anthony
Dr. Michelle Anthony is originally from Terre Haute, IN. She began her chiropractic journey while in undergrad completing her BS at Ball State University in premed/chemistry. She began shadowing a chiropractor while there and fell in love with the profession. She was an athlete growing up and also played on the Ball State Lacrosse team. She has always had a passion for the body and its ability to move and function properly. She moved to St. Louis in 2011 after graduating from Ball State and began pursuing her Doctorate of Chiropractic at Logan College of Chiropractic. While there she fell in love and married a St. Louis native and upon graduating in April 2015, they decided to stay in St. Louis. She loves anything involved with nature, and you can often find her at Castlewood State Park with her husband and two dogs during her free time.
Dr. Anthony joined the ProActive Chiropractic team in August of 2017. Dr. Anthony specializes in Diversified, Thompson, and FDM soft tissue technique. Dr. Anthony is proficiency rated in Activator Methods adjusting technique.
• Doctor of Chiropractic — April 2015, Logan University, Chesterfield, MO
• Bachelor of Science in Life Science — April 2015, Logan University, Chesterfield, MO
• Bachelor of Science in Premed/Chemistry — 2011, Ball State University, Muncie, IN
Dr. Meagan Hinzman
• Doctor of Chiropractic — August 2017, Logan University, Chesterfield, MO
• Bachelor of Biological Science in Exercise Science — 2013, Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO
Dr. Kristy Thomson
Dr. Kristy Thomson was born and raised in the St. Louis County area. A couple years after attending John F. Kennedy high school, Dr. Thomson was introduced to chiropractic by an intern she met while waiting tables at Pasta House. He and his wife became friends and asked if she would be interested in being their Chiropractic Assistant when they moved back to Albany, NY in a few months. The thought of starting a new career and moving away was exciting, but Dr. Thomson had just met a great guy whom she knew she was going to marry. Dr. Thomson and Tim got married 18 months later in 1987. But the idea of being a Chiropractic Assistant interested her, so Dr. Thomson enrolled in a Chiropractic Assistance course at Logan College of Chiropractic. In 1986, she started as an assistant in a busy office in Richmond Heights, MO. After studying broadcasting, Tim embarked in a career in radio which brought them to Jacksonville, IL. From 1990 – 1995, she worked as an office manager for another busy chiropractic clinic in Springfield, IL.
Being a part of two successful offices and seeing many patients achieve health and wellness through chiropractic care, Dr. Thomson, her husband, and 2-year-old daughter moved back to the St. Louis area, so she could attend St. Louis Community College to receive her Associate’s Degree in biology. She then continued on to Logan College of Chiropractic in 1998. She graduated in August 2001 with B.S. degree in Human Biology and a Doctorate of Chiropractic. For the past 13 years before joining the ProActive Chiropractic family on a full-time basis in July 2018, Dr. Thomson had a part-time home visit practice in the West County area. Dr. Thomson has been part of the ProActive Team for the past 10 years covering for the other doctors while they took time off for vacations, maternity leaves, and other emergencies.
Having a home visit practice allowed Dr. Thomson to specialize in family care. Having 3 daughters adjusted since birth, treating children is a passion of hers. In addition to her beautiful daughters, she has a wonderful son-in-law and a very active 1 ½-year-old puppy, Skye. The family loves to vacation at the beach and attend Cardinal games. The entire family is very active serving in many ministries for their church in Ballwin, MO.
• Doctor of Chiropractic — August 2001, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO
• Bachelor of Science in Human Biology — August 2001, Logan College of Chiropractic, Chesterfield, MO